Where USF faculty, students and graduates are invited to talk about journalism and its problems and opportunities. This blog is not affiliated with the University of San Francisco, nor is the university responsible for any of the opinions expressed herein -- though it is certainly responsible for the people who entertain those opinions, having educated them. They make us proud.

Thursday, June 26, 2008

GS in LA

George Sanchez writes:


Hey Doc,


It's official. I just signed the offer letter and faxed it to the Los Angeles Daily News.


Beginning July 7th, I will cover the Los Angeles Unified School District for the LA Daily News, which is owned by Dean Singleton's MediaNews Group. I'll be starting in their Woodland Hills office and hope to get a desk in their city hall bureau. Though I'll be covering LAUSD, the second largest public school district in the country, my coverage will focus on LAUSD schools and programs in the San Fernando Valley. Of course I'll also cover LAUSD administration in downtown and will likely have to deal with LA Mayor Antonio Villaraigosa.


My final piece for the Arizona Daily Star is scheduled to run the day before and is a first-hand account of having testicular cancer.

Zemanta Pixie

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on your new position!